Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Girl Expelled, Forced to Apologize For Being Raped. . . Twice

WTF??? Girl expelled, forced to write note to apologize for accusing boy, who plead guilty, of raping her. . . twice.

Please send e-mails and letters and phone calls to display your disapproval:

Vern Minor - Superintendent of Republic School District:
E-mail: vern.minor@republicschools.org
Phone: 417-732-3605
Fax: 417-732-3609
518 N Hampton
Republic, MO 65738-1323

First off, let me request that if anyone knows of a fund to help with this girl's legal fees, I will gladly advertise for it. This little girl needs everyone's help.

Secondly, I cannot adequately express my rage, except to say that I know that the angrier I get, the more syllables the words I write tend to have. I. . . You know, there are a few things I would like to add the list of crimes that qualify for the death penalty. The boy who raped her, and the people who have subjected her to this, both deserve that punishment. This is inhuman beyond reason. I would like to see the death penalty for all involved, but unfortunately our country does not place a high enough value on human dignity and quality of life, only the quantity.

Third, we didn't seem to be satisfied when the GOP attempted to redefine "rape" as only "forcible" rape, so now we are attempting to redefine rape as a "public display of affection." It amazes me the level of cognitive dissonance this requires.

Fourth, and the worst possible offense, is that these are women who are putting the girl through this. How can we as women expect to regain complete equality with men when we are so focused on putting our sisters' through this level of pain? We are destroying ourselves with this. Why are we so lacking in compassion these days, and instead insist on kicking everyone who is already down?

I hope there is more to this story. I truly encourage the truth to come out, if there are any lies to this. I would like to be wrong. But if not, then I sincerely hope that we as a culture descend upon these administrators like a plague of locusts and pester them until it is clear that this behavior is unacceptable in the United States of America. Freedom from rape is a fundamental human right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my waterfall. Play nice.